Booktalking 10 Ways:
- Keep It To Twenty Seconds
- Scaffold for Different Kinds of Readers (non-fiction and magazine readers are readers, too!
- Differentiate Instruction
- Podcast It! (Gcast.com, etc.)
- Blog It!
- Create Master Booklists (using Library Thing or Shelfari)
- Online Book Clubs and Discussions (Dear Reader, etc.)
- Use Wikis (to build a collaborative community - PBWorks.com or WebPaint.com)
- Build Book Trailers (throw some slides into imovie, add text and an audio track)
- Enrich Your Displays (use great items such as a toast with books in it)
If you have questions for Donna, you can email her at email@example.com