- Ms. Ely is Director of the Springfield Technical Community College Library;.
- Ms. Garvey is a member of the Springfield Library Foundation Board and former chair of the Springfield Library Commission and former City Councilor;
- Ms. Killoran is the Government Liaison of the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners;
- Ms. Paradis is the Chair of the Masschusetts School Library Association Legislative Committee;
- Mr. Plante is the CFO of the City of Springfield;
- Ms. Schuster is the Friends Liaison of Hennepin County (Minnesota) Library.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Colleagues From All Corners
Tamson Ely, Barbara Garvey, Maureen Killoran, Timothy Plante, Judy Paradis and Margie Schuster led a panel discussion on a variety of advocacy topics. Speaking for the college and school library academic environment, for the library trustees and local government, the Commonwealth, for the cities and town, and for the Friends, this panel of six each had fresh ideas ... and each echoed the words of the legislators and executive directors who spoke earlier at the Sample Legislative Breakfast.