Thursday, May 3, 2007

Overheard at MLA, Part II

Meeting Convener: "All, in favor, say "aye!" All in favor say, "nay..." If you say nay though, you have to run for something!"

Presenter: "If you don't participate [in Web 2.0], you are never going to understand it."

Presenter: "We live in a world where Bert can be evil."

Panelist: "Thank you ... because so many people say they got hooked on graphic novels and comics at the library... you're kind of like pushers, I guess..."

Panelist: "As soon as I find someone that looks like my type of reader, I'm always wrong... now I let my my books find the reader... it's not the black shirted 20-something who interrupted gaming to come to the convention."

Panelist: "I'm all for ... equal opportunity nudity."
Blogger in the back: "Woo-hoo!"

No comments: