Thursday, May 3, 2007

Trivia Night, Yahoo!


Yup, that's me, I won! (Ok, my team won!) What a great MLA day--lots of interesting speakers, great prizes, and really fun trivia. A big thank you to OverDrive Digital Media Services for not only providing the open bar during the trivia contest, but also for being great teammates! That's right, our crazy team was made up of three people from Overdrive, an academic librarian, a few public librarians, the Director of MBLC and past MLA president, the Executive Director of the Massachusetts Center for the Book, and a regional representative! Talk about teamwork, really.

And, an fyi, Princess Di was killed in 1997, not 1998! (With all the talk of wiki's, I had to use this citation.)

I am a librarian, after all, and had to look it up.

Thanks to everyone for making this a fun time and for welcoming me to my first MLA conference. Sign me up for next year!

2 comments:

Barbara Friedman said...

Congratulations from the Pursuit of Happiness team on a good game! We accomplished our goal and had a lot of laughs! See you next year.

Hopeful Adopter said...

It was so much fun! I can't wait for next year, and my gloating is entirely out of giddy happiness.